2013



A little while, and you will see me no longer; and again a little while, and you will see me.”












John 16:16 


2013.
Filled with the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows. 

This year we lost two great ones, its heart breaking, its devastating, and you long for them to be here, but cant. 

We lost my aunt, my moms sister, my grandmas daughter, my uncles best friend and my cousins mom.  I still see her. In the beauty of the fall leaves, in the smiles of my childrens faces, when I am spending time with them instead of cleaning and in the beauty of every thing in this world that normally goes un noticed suddenly pokes out and makes itself noticed. There isnt a day that goes by that I dont remember her laugh, her smile and her love.

It changes you. Theres a part of you that feels angry, a part of you that feels hurt and always a part of you that wonders why. I try to remember that God doesn't make mistakes. And that this world is not what we were made for. We were truly made for better. And my aunt, is in that place, waiting for the rest of us to meet her there. Each day without her, here is hard. But it makes me so thankful, that we will one day meet again. 






Dom Cox.

 He was quite the guy. His relationship with my husband as friends was something that always made me laugh. The crazy text messages they sent in church ( while the sermon was happening) the quirky jokes and the love of anything Aussi.  He was an amazing husband and a devoted dad. He was a faithful servant of God. He was taken to soon. He left behind his wife Kylee, and his 2 year old son Nixon. It doesn't make sense and its not fair. And we miss him a lot. Especially when I look at the siding on our house that I watched him put up in the pouring rain without a complaint. He truly was someone you will never forget. 
Please hold this family up in prayer.  please send her prayer for peace and strength. And if you can. Consider making a donation to her family.


http://www.thebridgeonline.ca/coxfamilyfund





So in 2014, we will take a step back. We will realize that what we have is a gift. We will not take for granted every day we have, every smile we get from the faces of people we love. We will move forward in this path of life, even if we can't see the sun from behind the dark forest.



Comments

  1. Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts